Monday, November 4, 2013

Sweet Hummingbird Reality

Rare hummingbird sightings on the east coast.

Believe it or not this does interest me. I dig birds. Carol has a few feeders around the yard and they are extremely active right now. Grateful and loving birds getting all they can get while the getting is easy. I love to watch them.

I know they appreciate it. They understand the cycle, they understand the challenge of survival. They dig the help. I swear if Carol stood out there long enough she could be the bird lady. Birds landing on her shoulders, eating out of her hands.

We have a hummingbird feeder that offered up endless moments of introspection and beauty over the summer.

Recently a west coast hummingbird was sighted on the east coast. I don't know if they have a west coast/ east coast rivalry like rappers do or did.

Probably not. They are too smart for that.

What got to me was the description of the west coast hummingbird's life style.

Summering in California, wintering in Mexico and South America.

Damn bird lives better than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment