Sunday, January 26, 2014

Scraping Barnacles

It always scrapes the barnacles off my brain when somehow, someway, I get plugged into The Now.

It always happens unexpectedly and it always feels so damn good.

I was driving to The Asylum on Friday when it happened. I had Delaney & Bonnie cranked, the sun was brilliant, the temperature was not.

I looked to my left at a frozen lake, the sun was about shoulder high, and the snow and ice were high priced gems sparkling just for me. I was singing as I casually checked the temperature. It was minus 1 degree.

Didn't faze me, didn't ruin the mood.

Gentle fingers reached out from 1969 (the year this magnificent live album was recorded) and lowered my blood pressure, lowered my blood sugar level, cured my pinched neck and improved my kidney function.

Sometimes I think these moments are designed by The Mysterious Architect of My Life to keep me alive.

They are refreshing and they tease me with a taste of How It Could Be.

Magnificent ride.

Looking forward to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment