Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Bingo Bango Bongo Disclaimer

In a recent post, I used the phrase "bingo bango bongo". I did not originate this phrase. Bob M, second in command at The Booze Emporium, brought this phrase to the store and it quickly became a staple of the strange and twisted men described as employees at Store 072. We use it to spice up our conversations and, more importantly, to drive Sir Eric of Svenson crazy. Sir Eric for some reason decided that he hates the term. He shakes his head like a bull in the ring when he hears it, then repeats the words disgustedly under his breath as if he were expressing the vilest of oaths.
I don't know if Bob originated this term; I'll have to do further research and get back to you. But he is capable of creating such an expressive term. He is a hard working dude who knows his stuff. He knows every goddamn product code in the store including the wines; drives me crazy. I have a ten year goal of showing Bob up just once with a code he doesn't know. I'll report back in 2021.
He's also The Wine Dude. When a wine bimbo asks what the difference is between a Napa Valley 2004 Pinot Noir and a Sonoma Valley 2004 Pinot Noir, Bob is your man. And on those rare occasions when he is uninformed, he is good enough to make bullshit sound like knowledge.
If that doesn't impress you, dig this. The man gets up at 4:00 a.m. to drive his son to hockey, goes to the gym for a quick workout (or a quick nap), picks his son up after hockey and then comes to work to hump booze and wrestle with customers for 8 hours. That is a dedicated Dad and a committed employee.
I planned on writing more, but as my fingers flew, BINGO BANGO BONGO, I got tired. Time to hit the recliner.
Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment