Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Fresh And More Pleasing Perspective

In the midst of all this anger, I had a moment of sweet release. "Twas Saturday morning, Carol had run out to perform an errand, I was preparing a quick breakfast before heading off to work.
Had Delaney and Bonnie cranked on the Ipod machine. Started dancing in the kitchen. Gyrating my hips, sliding small shuffle steps of delight.
That, my friend, is the power of music.
Noticed Maka sitting up top on the back of the couch watching me. Up until that moment I always assumed the cats thought I was brain damaged any time I danced or sang. Or danced AND sang.
I suddenly realized that she was digging my spirit. Despite the unfair and life sucking hand Carol and I have recently been dealt, there I was just being myself, exposing my soul in celebration of exquisite music.
Maka was giving me a spiritual thumbs up. She was telling me that my soul is what she loves, free of anger, pain and fear. She was giving me advice on how to live my life.
What a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment