Wednesday, April 17, 2024

What Are Their Names

Monday night, late, I was watching and listening to a David Crosby and Graham Nash concert from 2011 recorded in Connecticut. Had a glass of whiskey by my hand, it was after midnight, I was sitting in the dark. That's how you do it right.

When I listen to Crosby and Nash I am tapped into a direct pipeline to God. They harmonize exquisitely, and the lyrics slap you in the face. You could call them throwbacks to hippy times but they are not throwbacks - the lyrics are even more meaningful today in this fucked up, cold-hearted, backwards, hate-filled world.

David Crosby died on January 18, 2023 and I cried.

Dig the lyrics to the song What Are Their Names:

"I wonder who they are, the men who really run this land, and I wonder why they run it with such a thoughtless hand, what are their names and on what streets do they live? I'd like to ride right over this afternoon and give them a piece of my mind about peace for mankind, peace is not an awful lot to ask."

I want to drive to D.C. and punch every politician I run into in the face. republicans AND democrats. These fucking corrupt, brainless, cold-hearted money puppets who care more about their wallets and power than they do about the lives of the people they supposedly "represent."

They are supposed to protect us and improve the quality of our lives. Instead they steal from us and destroy the quality of our lives.

Thank god we have music like that of David Crosby and Graham Nash to soothe our souls, even temporarily, from the evils of those we ironically call "leaders."

No comments:

Post a Comment