Monday, February 5, 2024

And So A Peaceful Interlude Comes To An End

Starting the new job tomorrow.

Feels weird. Haven't worked since November 13. Been a nice run.

So tomorrow - new job - one I have not done before, new people, new challenges. The training period is lengthy, which suggests there is a lot to learn.

I have worked hard on my body and my brain since November. The theory being a healthier mind and a healthier body can only make new stress easier to handle. I am right about that. I was feeling great - healthy and confident.

Then I got sick over the weekend. Really pisses me off. Haven't worked out in three days now. Instead of bursting into newness with the right attitude and the right feel, instead I am tired, dealing with a head cold, and bleeding energy instead of renewing it because I am not exercising. Not good.

Shitty fucking timing, but that's life, baby.

Working Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday - BOOM! 23 hours right off the bat. Hell of a way to shock the system back to "reality."

But this was my short term goal, so I gotta make it work. Bank some bucks, build up a protective wall of financial security, then move on to soul-nourishing pursuits.

Feeling a little shaky today. That's only natural. A little heightened by being sick, not really where I want to be but, as Tony Soprano always said (especially when someone died) - "Whaddya gonna do?"

I'll take a whack at it. Try to survive the week.

Then move on from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment