Wednesday, February 21, 2018

64?

It is 64 degrees on the 21st of February.

On my God I am ecstatic. Walking around in a t-shirt, digging on the warmth, Maka has been on the screened-in porch for a while.

How crazy. How very crazy.

But this is just a tease, right? It's gonna get cold tomorrow. We'll get 4 more snow storms in the next month. Temperatures will drop, ice will make life treacherous.

Wait, wait - I am sorry. I am supposed to live in the moment, right? Live in the now?

I am supposed to let the warmth wash all over me and stimulate endorphins and make me feel good. Supposed to revel in how very good I feel today. Enjoy the fact that my brain and body are tricked into thinking that spring is upon us.

Yup. That is what I will do. Roll around in the snow repeating "Holy shit this feels so good and I am so lucky, especially to be living in New England where gifts like this are unpredictable and to be treasured."

Strange days indeed, mama.

1 comment:

  1. Yea feels good...been 85 here pass two weeks after our 4 days of winter...feels good to get the chill out of our old bones...

    ReplyDelete