Thursday, February 1, 2018

Tension

It's been building.

Started, obviously, when Carol was diagnosed with breast cancer and a brain tumor. That was in June, I believe.

Summer sucked. Remember last summer? It was cold. Summer was fucking cold.

And there was the waiting. Waiting for the surgeries.

Mastectomy on the Friday of Labor Day weekend - 5 and 1/2 hours. Brain surgery on November 2 - 7 and 1/2 hours. The longest 13 hours of my life.

It has been particularly hard since 11/02. Witnessing Carol recover, my heart breaking every single day as I talk to her and wait for her health to return completely.

Winter. It has been cold, icy, lots of snow. A hard winter.

There have been many days when I have had to use every bit of willpower I possess to keep from putting my fist through a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment