Friday, March 16, 2018

Winter

I have hated every single day of every winter I have had to endure in my 64 years on this planet.

THIS winter is particularly crushing. Unrelenting, cold-hearted and vicious.

And I have had to face it alone.

Since this winter got serious I have found myself behind. Always pots and pans to wash, dishwasher to load, dishwasher to unload, two loads of laundry to fold and another to be washed. Rubbish to be tended to, overloaded trips to the dump. No food in the freezer, interim food shopping trips sprinkled in between major food shopping trips.

This winter has tried very hard to break me. But it has failed.

I have bent, God knows I have bent. I feel like a thin, well worn elastic band about to snap.

But I keep moving.

I fucking hate winter. Always have. I think it is a stupid way to live.

So I walk around this year and last like a man burned out on LSD. Every time it snows I'm like "What the fuck? Again? I gotta shovel, spread sand, clean off the cars, shovel out the mailbox so the fucking mailman can deliver without trauma?"

Fucking douches have refused to deliver the mail a couple of times this winter because I just couldn't get to it fast enough because I was goddamn tired.

I am angry, frustrated and beat down.

When good weather shows up in 4 or 5 months, Carol and I are going to enjoy the living shit out of it.

I deserve it. She REALLY deserves it.

Fuck New England.

(Editor's note - I have not really hated every single day of winter in my life. Carol and I spent many fun days skiing with Keith and Craig, playing with them in the snow in the backyard. We enjoyed epic trips to Waterville Valley with a fine group of people we used to work with. I am given to hyperbole. But you already know that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment