Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Perspective

And Bob Cratchit excitedly says to his family on Christmas eve: "I'm to have the whole day off tomorrow."

I always thought that was such a sad situation. One day off from work and it was like a vacation to him.

I have always believed that everyone deserves a weekend. Going back to work after one day off is nothingness. Torture. Not fair. You NEED 2 days off in a row just to feel like a human being.

Of course the majority of Americans have been robbed of weekends. It is becoming a fanciful concept. A disappearing dream.

BUT

I am working my ass off right now. 6 days a week. Days and nights. But today.......due to the generosity of the City of Concord, I am home. Even though I am part time, even though I don't even work on Mondays, I get paid 4 hours for the Columbus Day holiday. They can't pay me overtime so I got today off with pay (my Wed hours being noon to 4:00).

I feel so relaxed today.

And last night I was excitedly thinking "I'm to have the whole day off tomorrow."


No comments:

Post a Comment