Friday, September 1, 2023

Wild & Crazy Women On The Loose

 Carol takes a vacation next week.

Started a few years ago and has become an annual tradition. Heads to the beach with her aunt, her sister, our sister-in-law, and her cousin (not this year). A bunch of wild & crazy women on the loose. Fun crowd.

It's good for her. Gets her away from me. It's also good for me. Gets her away from me.

3 nights, 3 1/2 days. Just me and the cats and the US Open. I take the week off from work so I can enjoy my solitude in its purest form.

I had a spectacular time last year. Had the Open on the tv the majority of the time. Saw spectacular tennis that provided CPR to my soul. Also watched movies, documentaries, and tv shows that I like.

And I read and I read and I read.

Barbecued steak. Enjoyed amazing take-out. Drank a little wine, a little beer, a little whiskey.

I don't drink like I used to and that is good. Back in the before times I would start in on the whiskey as Carol was pulling out of the driveway and drink my last shot as she slammed her car door upon her return.

Not now, and that makes the experience better.

Last year was spectacular. This year will be even better.

Gonna mix in some meditation, deep thinking, and self-reflection. This year will not only be about escape.

December 31 will mark a line of demarcation for me. I keep telling you that but you don't believe me. No matter.

Today is September 1. Four months left. This vacation offers me a rich resource of fuel and inspiration. A perfect kickoff to my own personal Final Four.

I am very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment