Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Budweiser

Should I go back to drinking Budweiser?

There's something about a Bud in a man's hand that is iconic and powerful.

Paul Newman drank Bud (lots of it), Steve McQueen drank Bud. Need I say more?

I drank Bud for a long time until I woke up one day hating Bud. So began an odyssey of beer relationships. Tuborg Gold, Newcastle Brown Ale, Miller Genuine Draft, Rolling Rock, Miller High Life, PBR, Coors, Coors Light, Corona and and and.............I had affairs with all of these beers. Some were passionate and long lasting, some were merely flings.

You never heard of Tuborg Gold but I loved it. I loved the taste of Miller Genuine Draft, and I also loved its association with Rusty Wallace.

I dabbled in IPA's because society demands it, but ultimately their IPA-ness overwhelms the flavor and satisfaction my taste buds require. I officially reject IPA's.

Right now I love Blue Moon. Love it. But I notice when I hold a Blue Moon in my hand, peoples' heads do not turn to gaze at me in respect and awe.

I might turn back to Bud. I am 70 years old. Manliness is draining out of me at an alarming rate.

A Bud in hand could very well compensate.

No comments:

Post a Comment