Saturday, July 24, 2021

Attitude

One of the many things I loved about The Allman Brothers was their attitude.

They oozed attitude. Projected it. Lived it. Delivered it.

I connected with them over that. 

I have lived a strange and incomprehensible life; I projected a practiced image of a nice guy, Mr.Responsible, doing the job and paying the mortgage.

But inside I am essentially evil. Actually, evil is a bit of overkill. I guess I would say I think dark thoughts, enjoy dark things, hate fucking rules, love doing anything that others would judge as insane.

I don't do much of that anymore because there ain't nobody left to run with anymore.

But I am not here to whine, as I usually do. It is what it is.

My point is Allman Brothers lyrics connect with me. Heard Wasted Words yesterday. A taste:

"Well I ain't no saint and you sure as hell ain't no savior, every other Christmas I would practice good behavior, that was then, this is now, don't ask me to be mr. clean, baby I don't know how."

And of course No One To Run With. A taste:

"Everybody wants to know where Jimmy has gone, he left town, I doubt if he's coming back home..........I'm gonna hit the road, adios, my friend, go someplace and start all over again.....................I think Jimmy must have had the right idea, packed his stuff and he got right out of here, I don't know where he's at but I'm sure that he's ok, now I realize what Jimmy was trying to say.........

Nobody left to run with anymore, nobody wants to do the crazy things we used to do before, nobody left to run with anymore"

The flip side - in the interest of fair and impartial reporting. Old Before My Time. A taste:

"You think you're a survivor but boy, you better think twice, no one rides for nuthin', so step up and pay the price...................don't look behind you, ahh don't look back, don't turn to find reason in the past, past is gone, gone at last....................it's a high cost of low livin', and it's high time you turn yourself around, well the high cost of low livin', it's bound to put you six feet in the ground."

Shit, man - better set me down and do some more reflectin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment