Saturday, July 17, 2021

Heard A Song

Heard a song the other day.........................

I wonder how many times I have said that in my life.

Anyway I heard a song - don't know who it was, don't know the title, but there was a lyric within that summed up life - perfectly.

"You gotta give them what they want without losing what you got."

That's it right there - the perfect roadmap for survival and for avoiding suicidal tendencies.

99% of humans are beholding to somebody. Someone you gotta answer to, someplace you gotta be - every fucking day. Mostly it's called - ironically - "working for a living."

You gotta give up control of your life for extended chunks of time. This is unnatural and, frankly, unnerving.

But if you can do that and still hold on to what you got - you win. 

The only thing better than that is winning the goddamn lottery and rising like a phoenix from the ashes.

I can visualize that flight clearly in my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment