Friday, November 26, 2021

A Melancholy Day (It Better Go Away)

Not really. I just have a compulsion to rhyme.

The day after..........................

Thanksgiving and Christmas I sit back and reflect. Spending the holidays with our family is so powerful for me and Carol that the day after presents a dramatic contrast.

So quiet. Just us.

Yesterday the house was filled with laughter. Conversation. Intimacy. Lunacy. Food, booze and camaraderie.

Today it is eerily quiet. But that's OK. For one thing we have the memories of yesterday. Every time we get together we create memories. And good feelings, and powerful, grateful vibes.

The holidays reinforce the love and pride we have for our sons and their women. We feel good about these human beings that are not just a part of our life - they are our life.

I tend to have doubts about myself (have you noticed?), but being with my sons validates my existence.

When I'm down and feeling selfish I think if my only accomplishment in life is being a father to Keith and Craig, well, I could have accomplished so much more than that for me personally.

When I am lucid I realize that being a father to Keith and Craig is the best contribution I could ever have made to this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment