Thursday, November 11, 2021

October

October is a gentle and considerate month.

It eases the transition from summer to winter in a delicate and beautiful way, especially in New England.

Temperatures drop into the fifties and sixties, which are cool, comfortable and invigorating. They make you feel alive. And they seem to accentuate the clear blue skies and the gorgeous colors of the leaves.

There is a clarity to the month of October that seems to blow all the sludge out of your brain.

I never thought I'd say all that. I used to worship hot&humid, and die as winter approached. I no longer feel that way.

I spent the last month admiring the beauty all around us. We live in spectacular surroundings which I no longer take for granted. Powerful beauty that can even soften my commute to and from HELL on Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays.

I look around me as I drive, and my soul opens up to the possibility that one day happiness may become a natural emotional state for me.

Then I get to work and spit poison and breathe fire. What are you gonna do?

It's getting colder now and snow is coming. Snow is the final frontier for me. The one challenge I will probably never overcome.

I have learned to accept cold. I don't like it but I can deal with it. 9 layers is the answer, baby.

Snow fucking sucks. It is inconvenient and, at times, dangerous. I totaled one car in my life and it was on a treacherous, icy road.

So cold is coming, snow is coming, but I am feeling calm.

Thanks to the gentle beauty and soft consideration of the month of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment