Wednesday, November 17, 2021

For Carol

 "We may not have a cent to pay the rent, but we're gonna make it, I know we will

We may have to eat beans every day, but we're gonna make it, I know we will

and if a job is hard to find, and we have to stand in the welfare line

I've got your love and you know you got mine - so we're gonna make it, I know we will


We may not have a home to call our own, but we're gonna make it, I know we will

We may have to fight hardships alone, but we're gonna make it, I know we will

'cause togetherness brings peace of mind, we can't stay down all the time,

I've got your love and you know you got mine, so we're gonna make it, I know we will


Our car may be old, our two rooms cold, but we're gonna make it, I know we will

We may not can spare a roach a crumb, but we're gonna make it, I know we will

and if I have to carry around a sign saying Help the deaf, the dumb and the blind

I got your love and you know you got mine, so we're gonna make it, I know we will


We're gonna make it, we're gonnna make it, baby

It might seem hard sometime, but don't worry, darlin' baby

We're gonna keep on tryin' "


We're Gonna Make It, by Little Milton




No comments:

Post a Comment