Thursday, May 12, 2016

Lakota Is Such A Sweetheart

I exercised today for the first time in two weeks.

Two weeks ago I got blasted by a cold. It knocked me down and stomped me into the ground.

I couldn't really recover because I had to hump product at work. Carrying around hundreds of cases of wine all week because it was sale changeover week.

I was fucking exhausted every day and experienced little or no healing.

I had today off (thank Christ) and I decided to get back to the workout, even though I still feel like crap. Got a lungful of phlegm, still coughing and choking to beat the band, still exhausted.

So I'm sitting on the exercise bike peddling away like a notorious fool..............wait, let me set this up for you.

I walk into the room and Lakota follows me in and preempts me by jumping up on the seat of the exercise bike and laying across it.

I pick her up, kiss her on the head and set her down on the bed next to me.

I sit on the bike while she climbs up on the desk behind me; she lays down on a box on top of the desk.

So I'm sitting on the exercise bike peddling away like a notorious fool when Lakota sits up and starts head butting the back of my head looking for attention.

I lean my head back as much as I can and rub up against her and tell her I love her as I simultaneously explain that I cannot pet her right now.

She head butts me a couple of more times, which I ignore.

So she starts tapping her paw against the back of my head. This is a new behavior she started over the last year or so when she wants attention. She gently taps you with her paw until you give her the love that she needs.

I sat there on that bike fighting against my body's commands to give up, with the biggest goddamn smile on my face.

Lakota is such a sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment