Thursday, November 17, 2016

Dig

"Follow your bliss. If you do follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while waiting for you, and the life you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in the field of your bliss, and they open the doors to you. I say follow your bliss and don't be afraid and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be. If you follow your bliss, doors will open for you that wouldn't have opened for anyone else."

Joseph Campbell

I am beginning to think comments like this apply only to creative people and only to 1/2 of 1% of them.

I don't think the guy working in the warehouse, angry and drunk all the time and fantasizing about dismembering his boss, has followed his bliss. I don't think he could identify his bliss and if he could I don't think he would get the opportunity to follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment