Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Oddly Prescient

Got a big, fat, hard cover book in my hands lately.

It is a collection of three Hieronymus "Harry" Bosch detective books. 793 pages strong.

Never read this dude before. Digging it. A lot.

The second story, "Black Ice", which I just started this morning, is doing double duty notable quote-wise.

"I found out who I was."

That is a suicide note written by a cop who blew his head off with a double barrel shotgun.

Seems profound. Could be a suicide note written by any one of us if we ever got down to the bare naked truth.

"There is no trap so deadly as the trap you set for yourself."

That is a quote from a book titled "The Long Goodbye", written by Raymond Chandler.

Again, seems oddly prescient.

OK, I am showing off my vocabulary. I am proud of it. Don't get to flex it much.

In other words, again, it seems like words applicable to any one of us interested in the truth.

The whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Ciao.




No comments:

Post a Comment