Thursday, June 21, 2018

Dig It, Baby

This year's warm weather activities have taken on a life of their own, and Carol and I have just been having a blast.

June activities:

June 3 - We attended a backyard barbecue with people I work with. Gorgeous weather. Laid back atmosphere, good food, good company.

June 9 - We attended a backyard barbecue wedding party of friends of ours. Gorgeous weather. Premium booze, live band, good food, good friends.

June 14 - Paula and Bill zoomed up to visit us. Gorgeous weather. I barbecued, we ate on the screened in porch, we talked, we laughed, we dug the comfort of spending easy time with family.

June 16 - We zoomed down to Winthrop, MA to take my 88 year old Aunt Dina out to lunch, joined by Eddie and Carolina. Gorgeous weather. We ate in an Italian restaurant that serves exceptional cuisine. We talked, we laughed, we fed off the family vibe. So safe, so secure.

June 17 - Keith and Craig popped over for Fathers Day. Gorgeous weather. I barbecued, we ate on the screened in porch. We talked, we laughed, we reveled in the amazing bond and love and trust that exists between two aging parents and their very precious sons.

June 23 - We will be motoring up to northern NH to the Pizza Barn to meet up with Cori, her dad John, Bill and Gail, and Bob and Nancy. To celebrate John's 80th birthday. John is a guy I have partied with many times and I guy I truly love and respect. In addition, the Pizza Barn is a part of Carol's family history, so the day is even more meaningful.

That is one hell of a fucking month. It is exactly what I wanted for the summer of 2018 and, most importantly, exactly what I wanted for Carol.

We are just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment