Thursday, August 30, 2018

Something You Don't Know About Me

I love tennis.

I fucking LOVE tennis.

A LOT.

Played a lot of it when I was a kid. A LOT. And I was good. Very good.

I love to play it; I love to watch it.

I played baseball as a kid. Made A division on my first try out. I didn't think I deserved it but there you go. But I didn't love it. Never really felt comfortable on the diamond.

I was at home on a tennis court. Even when it was 312 degrees out. Like it is this week at the U.S. Open.

I got away from tennis. I have gotten away from a lot of things I love in my life. I don't know why. There must be some kind of explanation but I can't fucking figure it out. If you can, keep it to yourself.

I am not interested in your opinion.

I decided I am going to watch a shitload of the Open this year. To feed my tennis Jones; to rekindle my love.

And I have. Started right away on Tuesday (worked Monday) and been digging it since. Doesn't matter if it is men or women - it is all spectacular.

By the way, I think if you have a passion for something - an overwhelming passion that just fuels your soul, pumps it up and gives you a new lease on life - maybe adds a few days on to your life expectancy - you should be allowed to call in to work.

"Hello - Capitol Center? - I won't be in today. Gotta watch the U.S. Open." "OK Joe - no problem. Enjoy it and let us know when you will be back. Of course we will pay you while you are out."

Doesn't that make sense to you? Wouldn't that make life better?

Just watched a match between Johanna Larsson and Angelique Kerber. Fucking spectacular. Hard fought, amazing rallies, ups and downs, ins and outs - it was a joy to watch.

I was rooting for Kerber because she has great legs - and she WON. Cool, I get to see her again.

Federer is about to play right now in the second round. A Thursday afternoon does not get any better than that.

What the hell else am I supposed to do? Watch Dancing With The Stars? Give me a fucking break.

I love tennis because it is one on one. You are alone, baby. You win - it is on you. You lose - it is on you.

Ain't nothing more dramatic than match point. If you are up, you are on the verge of ecstasy. If you are down, you are on the verge of suicide.

If I lose 100 pounds I might be able to play tennis again.

It could happen.

1 comment:

  1. Tennis? Really? I thought because the way you embrace the Winter months that curling would be your game. Wow,you think you know a guy and BAM! Sorry got to go. There is a Manchester United soccer match on.

    ReplyDelete