Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Quotable Quotes

I am reading a David Bowie biography. What a man, and by that I don't just mean what a performer, I mean what a man. I of course will go on at length about the book in the near future.

But for now, here are a couple of Bowie quotes. The first one sums up for me exactly who Bowie was, lays out precisely what drove him in everything he did.

"The thing is, I always wore clothes for a reason, not to be fashionable. I've never seen the point of being fashionable, as then you obviously look just like everyone else. Which is the one thing I have never, ever wanted to be. It doesn't matter in what context you're talking about, I never ever wanted to be, or look remotely like, anyone else."



The second quote is from later in his life and is just super cool.

"I don't look too bad, and I don't feel too bad, if I'm honest. It's a genetic thing, a flesh-and-blood thing. My father's to blame. Considering what I've been through, I'm a lucky so-and-so. It's nauseating, I know, but I'm in love with my wife. I've still got my health and I love my job. So shoot me."

No comments:

Post a Comment