Saturday, October 10, 2020

Five Healthy Days

 Today, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

Due to the generous vagaries and quirks of the way holidays are handled at my job, and the fact that I am a part timer - I escaped from work alive yesterday and don't have to report back for duty until Thursday. And still get paid for Wednesday. Not a bad deal for a grunt level job.

Five days of peace love and understanding.

I need it. I always need it.

As always, I am searching for physical and mental health. I have to keep banging away because my brain has been marinating in poison for decades; it's a lot to overcome.

Good start. I exercised today. Level 1. Always good for body and mind. 

Real exercise has been erratic lately. I operate on two levels. Level 1 is the Full Monty - some phony baloney weight and push up work to avoid flabby old man arms AND riding the exercise bike for 20 minutes. The bike is what I dig, what I need , what I appreciate - that is real exercise.

Level 2 is reserved for days I don't have enough time or I just feel like a rancid piece of shit. No bike. I do the phony baloney arm stuff and I'll walk up and down the stairs a few times. Just to do something. Which at my age is better than nothing.

Lately it has been mostly Level 2.

Level 2 is OK, Level 1 is the gold standard. Today was Level 1.

Five sweet days to heal and love Carol and love Maka.

Who knows. Maybe I'll even learn to love myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment