Tuesday, October 27, 2020

The Truth About...................

I watched a documentary this afternoon called "The Truth About Alcohol" while sipping on a glass of whiskey.

That felt rebellious to me.

Then I took a nap.

I have been doing David vs Goliath battle now for over two weeks of my life. Me vs Hyundai. Me vs Grappone (the car dealership). Countless fucking hours writing emails, talking on the phone and filing complaints with the BBB, Hyundai Corporate, and Grappone. I have achieved modest results.

Remember I told you I was going to make their lives a living fucking hell? I have done just that.

All this shit started on October 10 when my car started misbehaving. Today is October 27. I am still reaching into my quiver and launching arrows.

Fuck these corporate jerkoffs. They believe they can shit on the little man and enjoy no repercussions.

Fun fact: After I got my car back with a new transmission, one of my key fobs died. A six month old fucking key fob died. And it wasn't just a battery. This happened last Wednesday.

So today, Grappone had to bring my car into the dealership and reprogram the car and both key fobs.

I am on the warpath and enjoying warrior status so they drove out to my home, left a loaner car, drove the car to Concord, reprogrammed it, and drove it back to me.

Let me bring you up to date.

You know the beginning of the story so I won't repeat. After being disrespected on 10/13, the day I brought the car in, I waited. No word by Friday.

I called on Monday, 10/19 and was told the guy I had been dealing with was not available. I cruised into Concord in the loaner car for a medical appointment and checked my phone afterwards - 2 hours after my original call. No fucking calll back.

I called again. "Your car is ready". I was 10 minutes away so I cruised on over wagging my tail like the happiest puppy.

Got into my car - there was less than 1 gallon of gas in it. I had 16 miles to go before empty. I was fucking furious.

On top of that, the paperwork I signed indicated the car had been ready since 3:00 o'clock on Friday, October 23. I was not notified on Friday, I was not notified on Saturday, I was not notified on Monday.

Went on the warpath the next day. Filed a complaint with the BBB, with Hyundai Corporate, with Grappone (the dealership) and personally with the guy I had been dealing with at Grappone. That was on Tuesday, October 20.

I woke up the next morning to two emails from Grappone and a phone message.

I won't bore you with the details. But when the guy returned my car today he had filled the gas tank and gave me a $25 gas card. Hyundai Corporate right now has agreed to forgive one car loan payment (I asked for six) and give me $150 in gas cards. I made a final plea by email today to forgive three payments. The guy wasn't in. He'll be in tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

I cannot tell you how many hours I have spent on this in the last two weeks. I am fucking sick of it. It has sucked even the posiibility of joy (I rarely experience joy) out of my days off.

So fuck your life. Fuck my life. Fuck life in general. Fuck the world. Fuck the illusion of happiness and good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment