Saturday, October 31, 2020

Miserable Fucking Day

Carol had another follow-up appointment at Mass Eye and Ear in Boston yesterday.

We both hate that fucking trip. I have become the typical NH hermit - I don't ever want to drive to Boston under any circumstance and for any reason. Period.

In fact I don't ever want to drive to any overly populated area. I don't want to deal with traffic and streets and directions and getting lost, and rude, brainless fucking drivers.

NH generally is easy to negotiate as long as you stay far enough north. That's the way I like it.

It snowed yesterday. First fucking snow of the season. Two hour drive to Boston, two hour drive home. We left the house at 9:00 am, got home at 3:30 pm. Felt like a goddamn month.

It was still snowing when we left Boston. When we got far enough north in NH we were actually greeted by blue skies. A perfect metaphor.

The drive down was really tough. The road sucked - all the way down. Traffic moving at 25 mph at times. Saw three cars that slid off the road. I get quietly furious in siutations like that. I believe I am above dealing with bullshit situations like that. Apparently I am not.

My problem is I see myself as a privileged rich guy. Truth is I am a lower middle class grunt just squeaking by in life and having to make all the humbling sacrifices a low level existence demands.

A stressful dichotomy.

Carol had two appointments. There was a lot of waiting around. I slept like shit the night before. So I used the waiting time to nap. 

I was starving when I got home. Made myself a massive and delicious turkey and provolone sandwich, poured myself a generous whiskey, and listened to a Marc Maron podcast.

How else are you gonna deal with a situation like that? It was perfect.

I'm a pretty smart guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment