Tuesday, November 2, 2021

I Have A Weakness

I am currently watching Succession. Currently watching Billions.

Two shows about billionaires.

Why? Because they are about money and power. Two things I want. Two things I do not have.

Call it a personal indulgence. My secret vice. I watch them alone. Carol is excluded. I love these shows. I study them like entomologists study bugs.

Of course I do not admit this in public lest people think I am some kind of  soap opera freak. But these are not soap operas, they are an updated version of Dallas, another show about rich people that I loved. Fucking J.R. Ewing thrilled me. The way he shit on people, the way he squashed them like bugs, the way he did anything and everything he could to make more money.

I am fascinated with the concept of having so much money that you got nothing to worry about.

Yeah, yeah, yeah - money does not buy you happiness. I get that. But money buys you peace of mind. Peace of mind extends your life expectency.

I worry about our fucking future every goddamn day. I worry about every fucking dollar that comes and goes, I worry about scumbag republicans stripping away social security and medicare, which would cripple us and reduce us to living in my car which would force us to live in Arizona which would force Keith and Craig to never see us again.

If I was a billionaire I would not worry. I would have peace of mind.

The ruthless, hard-nosed characters are the best, of which there are many in these shows.

I study them, I listen to what they say, I focus on the way they think - hoping to become ruthless through osmosis.

Is this a good plan? What do you think?

Dig this quote from Bobby Axelrod in Billions - "Hate is nature's most perfect energy source. It's endlessly renewable."

Shit, man - that is dead on. I have enough hate to fuel every power source in the world for 250 years. I just haven't learned to channel it yet.

It's important that I focus. If I can turn my hate into an energy source, I will be a billionaire by November 5, 2021. 

Which is an important date. Just ask John Lennon. From his solo song Remember - "Remember, remember, the Fifth of November." Referencing Guy Fawkes Night, and all that. Look it up, for Christ sake - do I have to do all the work for you every time?

Sorry - I got off track, as I often do.

So I am digging these shows. I recently started watching Billions. I am late to the game. I am into Season 2, they just started Season 6.

I am pretty current on Succession. I watched Seasons 1 & 2. Season 3 just started. I am behind a couple of epsidoes unless they dumped the whole season at once. Who the fuck knows. I can't keep up with this shit.

I try to watch an episode a day, currently focused on Billions. The truly joyful days are Wednesday through Friday. I get home from my minimum wage job at 4:30, shake off my shame, brush the coal dust off my pants, sit down before my All Powerful laptop and become transfixed by the evil fucking hearts of billionaire opportunists.

Mark my words. I am learning a lot. Soon, I will become a Corporate Killer.

My money will be bathed in blood but it will not disturb me.

Because my bank account will soon be swollen to the point that no bank can contain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment