Saturday, December 23, 2023

Time Has Come Today

 How quickly does your mind move?

Can you stop it or even slow it down?

My mind is a foreign thing to me now. It is experiencing unaccustomed emotions intensely and relentlessly. But this newfound mode of thought mixes in with the old guard - worry, anxiety, indecision - and creates quite the stew.

I was sitting here quietly this morning in bliss, reading with Patsy and a cup of coffee, when suddenly and inexplicably the old guard swamped and polluted my mind.

Actually, not so inexplicably. I interviewed for a menial job yesterday - at Staples, in honor of Dwight Schrute, and that act sent my unconscious into a tailspin. The unconscious became conscious this morning.

I have been handed an extraordinary opportunity here in my new life. The biggest mistake I could make is to do what I have always done.

Undervalue myself.

I have money in the bank. I am under no immediate pressure to get a job. But my mind doesn't accept this. My mind thinks I have to hurry. So I have been chasing demeaning employment just to get the spigot flowing. Like I always do.

Time to step back. Time to take a breath. Time to fully realize the full beauty of the extraordinary gift I have been given.

Time to step into the reality of a life that up until this moment has only existed as a shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment