Friday, January 5, 2024

Ten Minutes Ago

I welcomed 2024 with ecstasy. 

Today is January 5, 2024.

I am living in a new house that I love, in a new town that I love. I have no mortgage to pay - I own my house free and clear. 

I have a chunk of money in the bank.

I am surrounded by convenience in every possible way, as opposed to where I used to live, which was on the edge of the world - miles and miles away from anything that could make my life easier. 

I quit my job, haven't worked in coming up on two months - it has been divine. 

I am getting close to landing a decent paying job ten minutes from my house - second interview coming up on Wednesday.

My life got exponentially easier, happier and more beautiful as of October 31, 2023. I am happy in a way I never thought possible.

Ten minutes ago, sitting in my recliner, I was suddenly overwhelmed with the sense that I am walllowing in unthinking happiness. A happiness that is fantastic and beautiful, but maybe not deep enough.That I am not doing enough; not trying even close to as hard as I should be to make my life better in a meaningful way. Especially at the age of 70.

I'm feeling a little shaky right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment