Monday, August 31, 2020

Carol Says I Steal Her Cats

 I do.

But not intentionally.

Lakota was her cat, Lakota became my cat. Maka was her cat, Maka is now my cat.

The difference is in how we express our love.

My love is wide open, obvious, unmistakable and intense. I kiss my cats on the head, I pat them, I hold their head in my hands and touch my forehead to the top of their head in my highest form of reverence, I talk to them in my natural speaking voice. A lot. I give them constant attention because I don't see them as animals - I see them as the perfect expression of love.

Carol's love is more reserved. She is not as comfortable as I am in just putting it out there.

So the cats come to me. 

Animals respond to pure love, uninhibited love, because they are just like us - all they really want is to be loved. They want love that flows directly to their soul; they are more hesitant about love they have to interpret.

I just want to set the record straight. I am not a monster; I am a beacon of love (humbly said).

And love is the only thing that makes life worthwhile, whether you are an animal or a human.

No comments:

Post a Comment