Monday, August 10, 2020

Six Words

"Live every day like it's your last".

Excellent advice. Nobody does it. It's impossible.

You get distracted. Work. Worry. Bills. The ironic truth that life is never what you thought it would be, and the way that reality dulls your mind, slows you down, and suffocates your emotions.

They are good words but they bounce off us like a rubber ball.

Except the other day. I was driving home listening to the radio when someone added six words to the phrase that floored me.

"Live every day like it's your last................because one day it will be".

The additional words shouldn't add any more weight to the sentiment; they don't change the message. But they amplify it by expressing what is implied.

Hearing it said that way knocked me out. Which was dangerous because I was behind the wheel of my brand new hot rod.

So, yeah - try to enjoy your day. Try to make the most of it. 

It's hot today. I exercised but did not achieve the desired cathartic effect because it is too damn hot. I'm a little down but fighting back. Tired.

Maybe I'll wait for tomorrow for fun to come rolling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment