Tuesday, May 23, 2023

It Doesn't Work That Way For Humans

All my cats have to do is ask for love and they get it.

It doesn't work that way for humans.

It is a morning ritual now - Emmy Lou will brush up against me until I pick her up, and then the love flows like water from a fire hose. Five minutes later, Patsy will brush up against me, I pick her up and the love flows.

I go about my morning ritual, I'm reaching for a cup of apple sauce before I exercise and................Patsy rubs up against me again. Or Emmy Lou does.

I use logic - "I can't pick you up right now Sweetheart or Little One (depending on who it is), I'm getting ready to exercise, I gotta keep moving." More rubbing. "I really can't pick you up right now, I will pick you up later." More rubbing. I pick up whoever it is. It's just that easy.

I go to work. I say "Will somebody please show me some love? Will somebody please fill my heart with hope and make me feel human? Make me feel real? Appreciated?"

I get silence. 

Or "Hey, don't forget Franky BubbleHead has a meet and greet after the show tonight, not before - make sure the customers understand this."

Or "My son just got a new job that pays $250,000." 

Or "Can you believe it? I had to circle around the block four times this morning before I finally found a place to park."

Maybe I should just get down on all fours and rub up against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment