Tuesday, May 23, 2023

What Does This Dream Mean?

Last night I dreamed I was enduring challenging times.

I reported to a building to attend a meeting of broken people. Not sure if we were alcoholics, or homeless people, or psychologically damaged - but it was obvious that hope did not thrive in this place.

Phase One of the dream was me reporting to my first meeting, nervous and self-conscious. Eventually I struck up a conversation with a woman; for some reason we connected. She had a tennnis racket with her.

Phase Two was me reporting back the next day; it was raining. I was unsure about how to park. As I pulled in there were 3 or 4 cars parked at an angle to the building, up to the corner of the building. I passed them, the building took a hard left turn - I didn't know if I should angle park or park straight in. I was really stressed out about this. I don't remember how I parked.

As I walked towards the building, I ran into the woman, who was carrying her tennis racket. I said "You play tennis rain or shine?" She answered confidently "Absolutely."

We walked into the hall. There were long tables set up and lots of people seated. I asked her where we should sit and she said "You choose." I chose an empty table, but as we got right up to it I felt her tense up as she whispered almost hysterically "You are screwing us." 

Then she led us to a table with lots of people and began to apologize and explain, although I couldn't hear what she said.

Everyone was looking at me like I was the enemy, with hatred in their eyes.

I said: "I am so sorry, I'm new - I don't know what the rules are."

The dream ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment