Sunday, July 2, 2023

Apocalypse NOW

Wow, I certainly started July off with a bang.

Pissing and moaning to beat the band. I'm sure you enjoyed it.

Bill Maher describes trump as a "whiny little bitch." He could say the same about me.

Carol and I were watching an episode of Law & Order this morning, and Lieutenant Van Buren described a suspect this way: "Wow, he certainly loves to feel sorry for himself." The same could be said about me.

Later in the episode, ADA Rubirosa says directly to the same suspect: "You're an infant." The same could be said about me.

Here's the deal. I'm drawing a line in the sand. July 2023 is the moment of my personal apocalypse:

I will be in different circumstances by the end of the month. I'll either have the writing thing going full blast, or I'll be moving on to something else. I'll be out of my menial job in the box office. I will lose weight, with the maximum goal of getting under 180 by 7/31. I will be thinking differently (especially about myself - I deserve a fucking break).

And when I feel like whining, I will keep my fucking mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment