Monday, August 1, 2011

You Came Into My Life

You came into my life so long ago; then my heart, then my soul.
Long blond hair and the color green; a 1973 fire engine red Trans Am
that never exceeded the speed limit with you behind
the wheel (Sarge was a different story).
Green eyes and a bubbly spirit, laughing across the office with your
stoned partner in crime after lunch.
Quickly I learned that you were even more beautiful on the inside;
a genuine spirit, strong in convictions and true to your nature.
My life became yours and yours mine.
Your strength has been our strength, your love our salvation,
when I was angry and bitter and lost.
The light that is now at the end of the tunnel has been
you from the start.
My eyes and heart and soul are finally open.
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment