Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dribble

I just flipped my calender to December. The final flip in 2012.

I think a procrastination tax should be in effect. The calender purveyor sold me the calender based on the assumption that I would use all 365 days available to me. Because I am slow moving and largely unaware I don't always flip on Day One of every month. That makes the remaining days on the calender more valuable and I should pay a surcharge for increasing the value of the calender through procrastination.

The purpose of this tax would be to make me more responsible. More efficient. More organized. It would inspire me to timely flipping and plug me in, make me more aware of exactly where I is at in the calender year.

The above philosophy was inspired by the fact that I am trying to crank up the writing machine this morning. Sometimes you just have to write to get the juices flowing. No matter what dribble fills the page. If you think the procrastination tax is brilliant, contact me and we will start a movement. If you think it is silly give me some leeway. I am not awake yet.

This calender is an SPCA calender. It was cool and disappointing as well. Cool because I love animals infinitely more than humans, disappointing because it was almost exclusively dog oriented. Only a few cats featured. Unacceptable.

And December is a real disappointment. Maggie is the dog and she is UGLY. A real fru fru dog. Looks like a mutated Afghan hound. Not a good way to end the year.

I may buy an Edgar Allen Poe calender for 2013. It caught my eye. But I am not done yet. I want something awe inspiring or bizarre. I want a calender that cannot be ignored. To keep me awake and alert  next year. I'll keep you posted. You have a right to know.

I have begun the search for a second part time job. I am done with poverty. The scum I currently work for are committed to keeping part timers down and stripping them of all rights, opportunities and dignity. I am tired of sleeping cautiously with one eye open fearfully trying to anticipate the next financial crisis and how to handle it.

I continue to exercise, I continue to write, I continue to work a soul sucking dead-end job, I have initiated a search for a second part time job, I eye the rapid approach of yet another year end with hope, anxiety, anticipation, wonder and amusement. I meditate, evaluate, push, rearrange, adapt and evolve.

Flipping to December has ignited a riot of thought and emotion in my tiniest of brains.

I am ready to write now.

No comments:

Post a Comment