Monday, December 3, 2012

Great Vengeance And Furious Anger

I continue to beef up my brain. With facts, challenging reading and memorization.

I memorized Jules' great blurb in Pulp Fiction. You know the one: "The path of the righteous man........." great vengeance and furious anger and all that.

Fantastic blurb. And it makes me feel powerful when I repeat it. Except for this sentence: "I thought it was just a cold blooded thing to say to a motherf***er before you popped a cap in his ass." Because "popped a cap in his ass" doesn't sound right coming out of my mouth.

It's like in Reservoir Dogs when the cop is schooling Freddy Newendike, an undercover cop, on his story so he can pass as Mr. Orange and infiltrate the gang.
The cop tells him "You got to make that shit naturalistic as hell."

That's what I'm trying to do. Make that shit naturalistic as hell. But I just can't pull it off with the popped a cap in his ass stuff.

Still, it feels good to say it. I even worked in that menacing look in Jules' eyes as he circles around and says "with great vengeance and furious anger."

I am working on my brain. I believe it can still be saved. It is hard work as I race against Alzheimer's.

But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment