Friday, March 21, 2014

SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had some sort of spring epiphany yesterday.

At least that's what I think it was.

Unexplained euphoria.

I don't even recognize 3/20 as the first day of spring. The real event happens on 03/21.

Be that as it may...................

It was a vibrant, electric morning.

Chiro Man at 9:00. I am feeling damn good thanks to this minor god. In and out in five minutes. Drive through Dunkin' Donuts.  Medium coffee, cream and sugar, turbo shot. Fuckin' delicious.

Off to The Asylum.

On the road I am just buzzing. Feeling unnaturally good. Happy.

I know what you are saying. Joe. we have heard this a thousand times before. "Popped Mumford & Sons into the CD player and suddenly I was in heaven."

Or

"Allman Brothers grooving my moves and I am travelling in a parallel dimension. Psyched and psychic."

It is true. I get over the top, inspired by music and nature's beauty and the unprecedented positive frame of mind.

But

Yesterday was different. I felt so good I felt bad. Everything was tingling. My mind, my body, my soul - were hopeful in sync.

Somehow, I think Mother Nature infused my soul with her ersatz spring onset. I think it was a challenge.

I am totally invested in this spring and summer. I have to have it and I have to strangle every drop of fun and peace and pleasure out of it.

Got a damn good start too. Got Red Sox tickets for 4/19. Going to see Ray Lamontagne in May in a funky joint in Vermont.

I think yesterday was a wake up call from this magnificent woman. I think she was saying "You are talking a big game, hot shot. Well, I am here. You better not blow it."

Ain't gonna happen. I am going to beat the living shit out of spring and summer this year. By the time it is over I will not be able to walk.

I am rising to the challenge.

My molecules are racing around my infrastructure in obscene anticipation.

Stay the hell out of my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment