Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Problem With Two Volume Biographies

Just finished "Kansas City Lightening" by Stanley Crouch.

My taste buds were more than satisfied and now are left wanting.

Charlie Parker's story is a good one and told in literary beauty by Mr. Crouch.

Finished up with the man in New York City, having made his way from his roots in Kansas City, through Chicago to the city where he felt he was destined to truly make it.

This is rumored to be volume one of a two volume biography. Had the second volume been available I would have immediately reached for Volume Two this morning and blown off work.

It has not been written yet.

I have to wait.

I don't want to wait.

Patience is not my strong suit but, given no choice, I will wait for the next installment with my foot tapping and my nerves jangled.

And, unfortunately, drag my sorry ass off to The Asylum for one more dose of incomprehensible absurdity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment