Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Birds

It appears birds will play an important role in my spring/summer rejuvenation.

They are calling out to me. Woke up this morning to birds chirping in the yard. Delightful.

Walked out of the dentist office (the motherfucking dentist) later this morning to silence. And one, lone bird chirping in a nearby tree. I stood still and listened. Love that sound.

Beautiful.

Birds are a big part of the comfort of warm weather and the beauty of living things in bloom.

I never used to notice birds much because I live largely, almost completely, in my head. Change came around many years ago largely through Carol. Most of the "nice" changes in my life come about through her influence. Otherwise I am a dark soul indeed.

We used to sit out by her garden, in the sun, listening to the fountain and digging on the birds. She would point them out to me and attempt to impart her birdly knowledge into my brain. I do tend to resist learning though.

As far as I'm concerned every tree is a mighty redwood. Every bird is an eagle. I really don't care to learn subtle (?) distinctions. I just dig shit for what it is.

By the way, great story. Many years ago when I was working a second shift job, I got myself stoned before going into work. VERY stoned. I sat outside for a while talking to a tree. I am not lying about this.

Anyway, my body is stirring. Beginning to come alive after another long winter of just being fucking cold.

I am not stupid, though. I don't expect to be comfortable or close to it for at least another month. But I know it is close. I know I will once again be able to assume my true personality.

This is all long overdue. Because of Carol's brain surgery, 2017 bled into 2019. I don't remember much about last summer because I don't think we did much. In fact all of 2018 is just a blur to me.

But here we go. Gonna get warm, gonna get me an improved mood, gonna squeeze a little extra enjoyment out of this warm weather. Live a little.

Me and the birds are gonna get along fine. We will help each other along and communicate and appreciate in a natural and fulfilling way.

Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment