Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Nelson

 Attending the wake of my friend Nelson this afternoon.

This will be difficult. Since yesterday it feels like I'm wearing a concrete cape. Time is suspended, thoughts of Nelson blanket my mind, rendering me almost incapable to function.

I don't want to do this. I want it to be over.

I got directions to the funeral home, an hour and a half drive. To Massachusetts, where I hate to drive. I exercised. Took a drive to vacuum my car and gas it up. We're picking up Carolina along the way. I took a shower. Now I'm sitting here.

Waiting. Waiting to leave.

Every time I feel bad or hurting or overwhelmed, I think about Nelson's girlfriend, Mary Beth. His daughter Kim. His son Christopher. His grandson Mason. His brothers Robert, Donald, Teneyke, and Thorne. His son-in-law Greg.

They are in for a tough day.

My heart breaks for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment