Wednesday, June 14, 2023

No Lightning?

Consumed a few chunks of the French Open.

Not enough, but whatever I could squeeze in. Caught Novak Djokovic vs Carlos Alcaraz, and Novak vs Ruud in their entirety. I LOVE tennis. Shoot it into my veins every chance I get.

Djokovic dominated. He is a tennis Deity. I miss Rafael Nadal though - miss him sorely. He is rehabbing, trying desperately to get healthy for one more run at perfection next year.

Tom Brady was in the audience at the finals between Djokovic and Ruud. When Novak won he made his way into the stands to hug his wife, his kids, his parents, his coaches. Brady walked over to shake his hand.

I was waiting for lightning to come crashing out of the sky when their hands touched. Two Gods dwarfing every other human being in the building. Two elders of their respective sports who achieve at unimaginable levels.

There was no lightning.

So I stuck my tongue in a light socket.

No comments:

Post a Comment