Sunday, April 19, 2015

Blues Missed; Blues Worshipped

Listening to Sunday Morning Blues, ZLX,  as I compose this morning.

I got the blues. You got the blues. Most of us have the blues.

Blues music makes me feel better.

I have been tapping my foot, actually typing rhythmically at times in response to the beauty that is penetrating my ears.

The uninformed say "If you are feeling moody, why would you listen to the blues?"

Silly.

I started watching a Ken Burns thing on the history of jazz and already learned a lot. Haven't even gotten through one full episode.

One thing I didn't learn but already knew was the large influence the blues had on the birth of jazz.

The blues, baby. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Missed a key show last night. In the lovely town of Peterborough a concert happened called "Remembering the Rynborn."

It was a fund raiser - annual, which I did not know - in remembrance of Christine Patten who tended bar at The Rynborn and died too very young of a brain aneurysm.

The proceeds go to  the Grapevine Family and Community Resource Center in Antrim, NH.

It was a boffo lineup, it was organized by Doug Aborn who was one of the owners of The Rynborn, it was a peaceful April night and I should have been there.

Circumstances conspired to keep me away. One good circumstance, one bad one.

That's life.

I hope they had a ginormous turnout and I hope they raised a ton of money in Christine's memory for a very good cause.

In the meantime I will have to work that much harder to get my music fix over the next five months.

I intend to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment