Sunday, April 26, 2015

For the Most Part

For the most part I hate TV commercials.

Most of them are stupid and insulting.

I do like the funny ones. The ones that make me laugh are great.

They are limited, though. Most of the humor is reduced to the level of the lowest common denominator.

Intelligent humor makes me smile. Most "humorous"commercials make me cringe in overwhelming pain.

OK. I guess it's not quite that bad. I may be engaging in hyperbole.

Kind of the way commercials do.

There is no end to the offensive commercials on TV, but it is possible the one I hate the most is for Subaru.

Their tag line is: "Love. It's what makes a Subaru a Subaru."

Love? Are you serious?

They are connecting this graceful, hopeful, life affirming thing called love, to a car. A product. A sale.

There is too much hatred in the world to be trying to commercialize love.

Am I being too serious? Too heavy?

Yeah. I guess I am.

My brain, apparently, is tending to dark today.

I'll try to do better.



No comments:

Post a Comment