Sunday, April 12, 2015

Incongruous & Amusing

Listen up, folk - I just walked out to my screened in porch and stood.

In the sun, in the warmth, in the slight breeze, with Maka in my arms for a few minutes.

Feels so good.

This is what hope feels like.

When she became distracted (easily done) and jumped down, I relocated to the landing. Stood in direct sunlight and exulted, quietly.

The breeze was rustling the dry, dead leaves still hanging on to branches, making a sound approximating one of those cool percussion instruments that I can't recall the name of.

The driveway is soaked and collapsing close to the house. A Spring ritual.

Birds are attacking the bird feeders lustily. Watching them fly and feed, listening to them sing, is beauty. Squirrels continue to annoy but they are part of the landscape.

There is still a foot and a half of snow in the front yard. Incongruous. Amusing.

I'm really digging this because of the harsh, evil winter we  survived and because I wasted my entire day yesterday (and part of today) taking inventory at The Asylum.

From 1:00 in the afternoon until 1:45 in the morning.

Pure torture.

The contrast, however, makes today that much more stunning.

Good weather is coming and with it - good times.

Easier living, more pure thoughts, family, friends, meaningful intentions hopefully rewarded with determined follow through.

I despise winter like I despise phony cheerfulness and faux positivity. The contrast between the sheer stupidity of winter and a day like this brings your senses and your soul alert.

This does not justify living in a climate like this.

It does shock you awake though, brings back a feeling of actually being alive as opposed to shuffling through days dead.

Tastes like chocolate, baby - tastes like chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment