Friday, January 22, 2016

Glen Frey

I was blown away to hear of Glen Frey's death.

His death took on more weight coming so close on the heels of the deaths of Lemmy Kilmister and David Bowie.

And 67 is an unacceptable age to die.

I never saw The Eagles in concert and wish I did; I have some of their albums; you better believe I can sing every word to many of their songs from heart and with emotion.

I love going to a dark place in my diseased brain when listening to "Hotel California". That song suits me perfectly.

I am not a Glen Frey expert. He never had me over for dinner and regularly spurned my invitations.

I assume he was a busy man.

BUT...............still, he was a part of my life.

Sometimes a person can have an influence on your life in an indirect way. Glen Frey and Don Henley are the heart and soul of The Eagles, the founding fathers.

They wrote music together, which I consider a spiritual and magical thing, not to be taken lightly.

That music is a part of my life. It makes me feel good, it forces me to sing out loud and the lyrics often challenge me to think, and they inspire introspection.

I didn't go out of my way to attend Eagles' concerts, I don't own a lot of their music and I did not follow Glen Frey's life closely.

Yet his death leaves a very definite hole in my life and emphasizes with painful clarity the impact he and The Eagles had on me.

Some music is good for getting your frustrations out; some is good for your soul.

The Eagles music is good for your soul.

The music world has lost another sensitive, expressive, intelligent and creative person.







No comments:

Post a Comment