Monday, January 4, 2016

Hey Hello

Had a spectacular week last week.

That is exactly what you want as you roll into a new year.

You want momentum.

On Monday night last, I went to see the new Star Wars movie with Craig. He bought the tickets in advance, we got there half an hour early and still it was touch and go that we would actually be able to sit together.

We shuffled around and scouted possibilities for quite a few minutes until we settled into a couple of side by side seats in the very last row of the theater.

The movie was shown in an Imax theater - you know, one with a screen 110 stories high - and in 3D, so we had to wear goofy glasses.

What a goddamn spectacle. It was amazing.

Carol and I had a fantastic New Year's Eve at Jason's love nest in the woods, we had a fantastic New Year's Day at home with family and friends.

Then we had Saturday and Sunday off from work. Which was quite fortuitous because Keith and Emily gave me a Roku stick for my birthday and Keith  hooked the thing and us up to a whole new world of movies, shows and etc.

We went crazy.

We watched 10 episodes of NYPD Blue, season one. We watched two episodes of Jerry Seinfeld's show, "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee", which is a show I have long wanted to check out. We watched "Danny Collins", an Al Pacino movie we have wanted to dig.

Jesus Christ we had an enjoyable and relaxing weekend.

Then today rolled around.

I am quite vulnerable going back to work when I have multiple days off; I just can't make the transition.

I fought the impulse to punch people in the face all day long and limped home disgusted.

And inspired anew. I will get myself out of this dunghole I have fallen into; I am more determined than ever.

That contrast between my true life of family and friends and the exquisite horror of such a meaningless and repetitive and boring job really jolted my cojones today and turned me into a raging change-a-holic.

"Tis time for change with a capital C, baby.

I tried to use the beauty of last week as a weapon against the suffocating torture of the 8 hours I wasted in that Hellhole today, but it was a struggle.

Still, I don't want to get negative on Day Four of 2016.

That would be silly.

Last week was extravagant and intensely soul-fulfilling.

Gonna get me more weeks like that in 2016.

Guranfuckingteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment