Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Holy Shit, Can You Believe It?


I have Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday off this week.

Or to put it another way, I am only working two days this week. Two.

So here I go, here I am again. Feel like I got five days to rearrange my life. To find solutions. To change directions, attitudes and create possibilities.

Five days to overcome and redirect the deranged momentum of the past forty years.

Five days to put in place a dignified retirement plan. To make myself happy. To make Carol happy. To make our cats happy.

Five days to derail the M.C. Escher-like reality that my life has become.

Five days to lose thirty pounds.
Five days to establish a profitable writing career.
Five days to expel all the demons from my head.
Five days to overcome bad habits.
Five days to develop good habits.
Five days to re-wire my brain to think differently.

Yeah, baby. I got all the time in the world.

Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment