Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Way I See It

The way I see it, the Boston Red Sox won the World Series for Carol.

When she had the mastectomy last year on the Friday of Labor Day weekend she drove the people at Concord Hospital crazy before the operation. "Do you people get the Red Sox channel? What number is it? Will I be able to get it in my room? I want to watch the game after the operation."

She is a devoted and knowledgeable Red Sox fan.

5 and 1/2 hours of surgery, 1 hour in recovery (the first time in my life I ever saw Carol high), finally up to her room. I immediately turned on the TV and found the game.

She was in and out of it, but she knew the Sox were on and she was happy.

By November 2, when she had the brain tumor removed, the season was over and the Sox had been bounced out of the playoffs.

It has been a long, hard road since November 2nd. Almost a year now. And the Red Sox gave Carol an absolutely mind blowing year. Gave her so much happiness, so much excitement. Capping it off with a World Championship.

We celebrated Craig's birthday on Sunday. With Keith, Eddie, Carolina, Craig and Amanda. Such a perfect day. We welcomed Amanda into the family and she jumped right in like she has been with us for years.

Fantastic day. Everybody left just before the game started. And the Red Sox went on to win the game and another championship.

It absolutely could not have been a better day for Carol.

I shed a few tears in happiness after the final out. Not for the Red Sox. For Carol.

The Red Sox mean so much to her and they delivered. They helped her forget about what she is dealing with and they did it game after game this year. They won a championship for her.

Sunday was just an amazing day all around.

I am hoping Carol can coast on that good feeling for a little while.

She deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment