Friday, September 4, 2020

6 Days

Circumstances have conspired to give me a mini vacation.

I couldn't be happier.

Had to go in to work on Tuesday, not my normal day. The main woman in the office, without whom the office could not survive - she's been there 31 years and knows everything - had been out for almost a month. Took a vacation to the Sturgis Bike Rally then had to quarantine when she got home.

Shit was backed up. I had to help her dig out from under.

I got to trade Tuesday for today. Pretty fucking sweet.

Because of Labor Day, I don't go back to work until Thursday.

Six days of peace, love and understanding, baby. 

I now have a road map of how to work on my head. Furlough gave me a chance to work on myself. I got me a rhythm. Some of it was good, some of it was imperfect.

I will get better.

The main goal is peace. I hunger for 6 days of peace. And I shall have it. Today has been an excellent start. 

Trying to make peace a recognizable experience for my soul so it will adapt to it through osmosis.

I will read a lot, I will write a lot, I will study a lot, I will exercise a lot.

Working on my fat belly again. I have been weak and ineffective in that area.

Had me an appointment with the melanoma Doc last Thursday. I was diagnosed in 2016 and have been seeing him ever since. I am down to annual check ups now but they are intense.

I strip down to my underwear and he examines every square inch of my body for nastiness. I was fat in 2016, I am fat now. Every time I see him I am embarrassed, and I tell myself next time I will be skinny.

Then I waddle into the next appointment.

My main goal for the next 6 days is to establish a habit of eating right and exercising diligently. Carry that into my normal routine.

Lately I have been hit or miss. Hot summer did not help. Generally I am committed to exercising and am pretty good about getting it done; I never give up and always come back to it if I backslide. Even though I am 66 and my back, knees, neck, and knuckles all hurt.

Especially the knees. Shit, that's new, man. Painful as hell. Wearing a wrap/support on the right one whenever I leave the house. Treating them with ice and a cool little vibrating thingy that I have. Helps, but not enough.

Gonna see the Doc at the end of September.

But I digress.

6 days, man. 6 more days to work on myself without having the distraction of work.

A tiny oasis of opportunity.

Fucking love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment